5 December 2023 -
Europe's semiconductor industry underwent significant challenges. These semiconductor technologies are essential not only to the digital sector but also to healthcare, automotive, and other related industries. Europe's strategic dependence on semiconductor technology has become a growing concern, prompting the European Union to seek ways to reduce these dependencies.
Much like open source principles have strengthened the software industry, a similar approach has emerged to empower the hardware industry. Enter open source silicon, a cutting-edge approach which offers accessibility, flexibility, and interoperability within the complex semiconductor ecosystem.
In this dedicated webinar, OFE will share the strategic relevance of open source silicon in semiconductor research, development, and industrial integration in Europe. The webinar will be structured with both explanatory and interactive sections that will demonstrate how crucial Open Source Silicon is for the strengthening and innovation of the European semiconductor industry.
Who should attend and why
- Policymakers at the regional, national, and European level who want to strengthen their respective semiconductor ecosystem while collaborating and contributing to the Union’s industry as a whole
- Research and academia representatives who are interested in deepening their knowledge or discovering the potential of the Open Source Silicon landscape
- SMEs in the semiconductor industry who aim to expand and innovate their business by using a cutting-edge approach
- Start-ups that are eager to elevate their business to the next level by embracing vanguard strategies
- Citizen scientists and the general public who would like to have a better understanding of the new horizons in the semiconductor landscape
- Experts active in industrial development who are interested in integrating potential new approaches
The event is free of charge but registration is mandatory. Registrants will receive the link to access the event by email.
- 11:00 Welcome
- 11:05 - 11:20 Introducing Open Source Silicon
Sergei AndreevInnovations for High Performance Microelectronics
- 11:20 - 11:40 Open source silicon’s position in the semiconductor value chain
Ola AdachOpenForum Europe
- 11:40 - 12:35 Key opportunities and threats relevant to open source silicon strategies
Teresa Cervero GarcíaLeading Research Engineer - Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Luca AlloattiFree Silicon Foundation
Etienne WalterEuropean Processor Initiative
Michael GieldaVP Business Development - Antmicro
- 12:35 - 12:45 Q&A and conclusions