14 November 2023 · 1 min read
OFE has organised a must-attend webinar that will be held on December 5, 2023 at 11:00 CET, within the remit of ALLPROS.eu the CSA DEP project funded by the European Commission, entitled ‘Unveiling the Open Source Silicon Landscape, a cutting-edge approach for the European semiconductor industry.’
In response to the pressing challenges faced by Europe's semiconductor industry, OpenForum Europe (OFE) is set to host an insightful webinar delving into the propellant potential of open source silicon for the industry.
Similar to the success of open source principles in the software industry, open source silicon emerges as a cutting-edge approach to empower the hardware industry. It offers accessibility, flexibility, and interoperability within the complex semiconductor ecosystem.
OFE's dedicated webinar aims to share insights into the strategic relevance of open source silicon in semiconductor research, development, and industrial integration within Europe. The event's structure includes both explanatory and interactive sections, demonstrating the crucial role open source silicon plays in strengthening and innovating the European semiconductor industry.
Who Should Attend and Why
- Policymakers at regional, national, and European levels seeking to strengthen their semiconductor ecosystem and contribute to the Union's industry.
- Representatives from research and academia interested in deepening their knowledge of the Open Source Silicon landscape.
- SMEs in the semiconductor industry looking to expand and innovate their business with a cutting-edge approach.
- Start-ups eager to elevate their business by embracing vanguard strategies.
- Citizen, scientists and the general public seeking a better understanding of new horizons in the semiconductor landscape.
- Experts active in industrial development, interested in integrating potential new approaches.
The event is free of charge, but registration is mandatory. Registration is now open here.
For more information on the webinar’s agenda and speakers, visit our Event section.